Thursday 12 May 2011

The Birthday Cake ......


Close your eyes and take yourself back to when you were 9 years old. It's the morning of your birthday, you wake up and immediately remember that today is going to be special. Today, everyone you meet will be wishing you well and making you feel important. There will be gifts,birthday cake and a special dinner , all in honour of you.
This morning I watched my son enjoy all of these things. The excitement in his eyes was so precious.There was giggling and tearing of the wrapping paper from his birthday gifts, pure joy in his little heart. As a mother we celebrate every day of our childrens lives. They are a blessing and without them life just wouldn't be the same. The birth, first steps, first birthday,first day of school........... This little life we have created is sacred, it is something to enjoy and savour, for soon enough they will be all grown up and making their own way in the world.  So today I drank in the excitement  and watched in delight at what my son was experiencing.  His gift to me was being my son and giving me the honour of watching him grow. Thankyou angels for sending me this amazingly perfect child  xo



Precious pink cupcakes as pictured are found  at High Tea at Fernwood Terrace, The Junction . A yummy place to visit and celebrate your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment