Monday 24 December 2012

Twas The Night Before Christmas



The magic of Christmas is alive and well in our home tonight.
There is milk and chocolate meringues for Santa Claus,
carrots for his reindeer,
the gifts have all been wrapped
and the excitement of the brand new day soon to come keeping my 'babies' awake in their beds.
(They think, that I think, that they are asleep.)
BUT I will be ready at 2am when they usually try to sneak out to the living room for a quick peak under the tree.
They think that I don't see the missing candy canes from the tree and hear the chocolate wrappers crunching in the night :-)

"When can we wake up Mum ?" they ask
"Not before 7," I reply (fat chance of that happening but it's worth a try ! )

This is Christmas Eve at our place.
Our home full of love !


                         




          Sssssshhh  I think they might have all finally gone to sleep !
I'm going to settle down with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the                            magic of this season of love and giving.
                          To all of you wonderful friends who love to visit me here at
                                                           French Blue and Peachy Pink
                                thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and friendship.
                                May the spirit of Christmas bring much happiness to you and yours !

                                    'Merry Christmas to all
                                    and to all a good night !'
This post is dedicated to my loving Grandmother in heaven who I will never stop missing.
Merry Christmas  Grandma, I wish you were here to enjoy the carols with me xo




5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so glowing and gorgeous! YOU are so awesome! I wish you a lovely day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet and darling Melanie,

    I love the way you talk about Christmas...anyone can tell that this is the most favorite time of the year for you, right? :-) Your kids are sooo lucky to have a mum like you- you make it so special for them!!!

    I really adore that small Christmas town you have there, your amazing and very original Christmas tree ornaments and those gifts wrapped up with love in such a delightful way.

    Here, in my country, kids believe that baby Jesus brings the presents, we "do not have" Santa...but it looks so cute- milk, cookies and carrots...ahhh :-)

    Thank you for this touching and special moment that we could spend with you! I adore your Christmas home ♥♥♥ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and yours the most wonderful New Year EVER...may this one be filled with JOY...you deserve the absolute best my friend...you are one of the most caring...loving...generous and caring people that i have ever met...I am blessed to know you and know that you are loved and appreciated each and every day on the other side of the world! hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear sweet friend! I wrote you on Monday...did you not get the message? I am writing here to make sure you see it : ) I received the most beautiful little package all wrapped up with so much love and inside there was a treasure that will be part of my heart forever! I was crying it was so beautiful but what was more beautiful was the thought and love of friendship it came with!
    Thank you so much my friend -- I will treasure it always...you are such a gift...such an amazing person and one of my favorite things to do this year is to watch you blossom even more with the new year of school! You are fabulous and don't you forget it!!!! Thank you and I promise this little package I have here will be going out soon! : ) Hugs and love ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie! So much Christmas cuteness! Love that little Santa paper garland, and all of your other decorations! The carrots for the reindeer are too cute! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my little heart tags. It made me smile. Every time I see a heart, I think of my Mom. She passed back in 2004, and I still miss her so much.

    Hugs and joy to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete