Tuesday 6 September 2011

Lavender




Sweet Lavender
Many years ago I studied the wonderful healing properties of essential oils.  I was enchanted by the amount of uses of these ancient and healing oils and the history behind them. 

One of the loveliest stories told was of women in the 1800's hanging their wet tea towels and linens over lavender bushes in their gardens to dry. The sweet scent of the lavender would leave a fresh fragrance in the linen and the natural antiseptic properties in the oils of the lavender would kill off any germs.

When we bought our current home the first thing I planted in my garden by the clothesline was a sweet smelling lavender bush.  I love to hang my linen hand towels over the lavender to dry.

When washing my sheets and towels I add a few drops of essential oil of lavender to the rinse water. 

Tomorrow stop by and take a peak at my Spring Cleaning special.







No comments:

Post a Comment