Friday 9 December 2011

Georgian Period Handpainted Dessert Setting



Antique find of the week.....

This Georgian era C1830's) earthenware dessert set is so precious.  Considering it's age it is in beautiful condition.  It consists of 8 serving plates, 2 comport serving plates, 3 small pedestal bowls.
Each plate is individually hand painted and has a subtle difference.  
The dainty gold trim sets of the pretty green.

This set would look amazing on any Christmas table.  Plum Pudding dripping with custard and cream or simply displaying fresh seasonal cherries and stone fruits would be so pretty served in these bowls/plates.

The photo's really do not do this gorgeous set any justice at all.
You will find this pretty set at  http://coliseumantiques.com.au/Home.aspx






2 comments:

  1. The colors on these are just gorgeous! :) I really appreciate your stopping by my blog earlier today and leaving me a sweet comment. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog. I found you through the Linky party and was happy that I did. I love that cute little glitter cottage. Have a Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete