Tuesday 28 February 2012

Vintage Hair Clips




Vintage Hair Clips

I bring you all the very last find of my weekend away.

These vintage hairclips brought back many memories for me when I saw them in an antique shop. When I was a little girl, I had very long hair and loved nothing more than pretty hair clips and ribbons.  The prettier the better !
I grew my hair all of the way down to my bottom and when I sat down I would actually sit on my hair. When I sat down in class I remember all of my friends trying to sit behind me so they could play with it in class ! lol    Oh the things we remember !

When I spotted this assortment in a cabinet in the store I just had to take some photo's to share with you all.
If you are anything like me then you will remember some of these little treasures in your own hair clip collection.




I love this pretty little one below....
and the little pink one with the lovebirds on it ended up coming home with me !   


These vintage hairclips needn't be used again as hairclips. I quite fancied using them in scrapbooking projects or card making. I think the little blue one pictured above would look so lovely with some pink vintage ribbon threaded through it and reused on either a belt buckle or hat/facinater. 

Until tomorrow.....

Melanie
    xo


No comments:

Post a Comment