Tuesday 8 May 2012

Garden Day Crafts

On the weekend I held a garden day for friends and family to purchase gifts for Mothers Day approaching this weekend coming.

On the top of my list for things to make were cards.
To me, cards are such a personal way of greeting somebody for their birthday or any other special day.  It is a once a year opportunity to tell them how wonderful they are or how much you love them. Little words that mean the world to the receiver.

I used a combination of card stock, vintage lace and tulle, glitter from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and paper flowers from a dollar store.


Then I began to sew and sew and sew and sew.........

Bunting flags, pretty aprons using vintage doilies, pin cushions, garden stakes and my new range of jewellery (I will share that with you in the coming weeks)


and then came the cupcakes......
delicious vanilla cupcakes with pink rose water frosting


Pretty pots of roses.........I'll be sharing pics of those tomorrow
My Great Grandmothers famous recipe for choko pickles made jar upon jar of happiness

It was a fun filled day !
with lots of friendly, smiling faces stopping by to say hello.


Pop in and say hi tomorrow

My 'Thursday Flowers' segment will surely put a smile on your face.

Melanie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment