Friday 6 July 2012

Miss Peachy Pink Takes A Break


Hello my lovely friends !

Oh it feels so good to be finally sitting down at the end of a very busy week. It's definitely time for a cup of tea and a chat with you all.

Life has been super busy for Miss Peachy Pink over the past couple of months and I can honestly say that I haven't been taking the time to smell the roses.  Actually that isn't quite true is it ? lol......I have been definitely smelling lots of roses in my floristry course.
But all jokes aside I feel as though I need to take a short break from blogging.
I have my first round of floristry assessments approaching, I have lots of sewing projects that I would like to do and I have my very pretty range of jewellery that I have been quietly creating on the side that I would like to focus on.

Blogging life, for those who don't blog, takes up to 3 hours of my day. With 4 children and husband to run around after, a house to clean, work and creating my jewellery line, there is not a lot of time left over for me.
My tank feels just under half full at the moment and  my goal is to fill it all the way back to the top again.
I would like to sit and read a book.
I would like to watch movies and eat popcorn without thinking that I should be doing something else more important.
Sometimes us Mums think that we are superhero's.

This Mum knows when she needs to take a break.
I ran myself ragged last year and ended up a very sick girl for quite some time.  I think it was all to do with taking on too much and not smelling those roses.
Quiet time to reflect is a holiday all in itself.
Watching the water run between your toes while standing on a beach,
feeling the dirt in between ones toes in the garden, planting seedlings and watering them daily are therapies all by themselves.

I have this urge to take a sketchbook outside into the garden and sketch. I am bursting at the seams to create more pieces for my vintage collection of jewellery that I plan to launch. 
Remember the post earlier this week with the pretty lace pieces from the antique fair ?  Yes ?  Well I want to stitch them all up into something completely wonderful.
I want to empty my mind of anything work related and fill my soul with joy and fun.

There will be pots of tea, lots of playing with flowers and preparing for those floristry assessments.
Most importantly I will take time to breathe and relax.

So all of you take care of yourselves, have a fun weekend
and I will see you all again in a couple of weeks all refreshed, full of stories and creativity and hopefully one step closer to sharing my jewellery range with you all. 

Lots of love
Melanie
x



5 comments:

  1. We will MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS you my friend but i want you to enjoy every sip of your life's cup of tea!!!!! sending tons of hugs your way and hope to talk with you soon!!!! ENJOY!!!! sip slowly and enjoy!!!! tons of hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand - blogging is terribly time-consuming, most definately!

    You enjoy your respite - and we'll see ya when you get back.

    Until then, hope your tea, roses, beaches, flowers, DH and children are all very enjoyable!

    BIG HUGS!!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melanie
    So glad your found me and stopped for a visit. I so enjoyed your post and totally can relate! I have six children sometimes we just have to pull back and enjoy the simple things. I am heading to the ocean to beat the heat wave heading our way and the relax on the beach one of my favorite places too! I too have a love of roses. Please stop by again soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sweetie! how are you : ) i thought you would enjoy those images -- just had a feeling -- hey -- one for the blue side and one for the peachy pink!!! : ) sending you tons of hugs and endless cups of yummy tea!!!! we will talk soon! looking forward to hearing from you : ) Remember...I AM ALWAYS here for you!!! : ) LOVE...me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just checking on you! I hope you are enjoying your break....and I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete