Monday 19 December 2011

Shabby Chic Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas and Vintage Christmas Stocking



Shabby Chic Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas.....
I love to wrap Christmas gifts !   I love to co-ordinate the wrapping paper each year so that it all matches (I know ! I know ! it's painful but I just can't help myself !)  Each person has his or her very own paper and it has to match ! lol

This year all of the girls in the family will be unwrapping their gifts in a sea of pink and white.  I used inexpensive white glossy gift wrap for the base and then lightly glued pretty pale pink heart shaped paper doilies to the top of each gift.  I then used a white fluffy wool to wrap it all up !  Ribbon can make for a very expensive trim to a gift but a ball of wool will last for ages and better still it can be used after the Christmas period to wrap birthday gifts with.

One lucky girl in the family will receive an antique Victorian era postcard with a pretty Christmas inscription on it. It's completely original, adds a little bit of charm and looks sooo pretty !


Vintage Christmas stocking.....

oh my goodness surely I am not that old that I need to fall into the vintage category but it appears that I do ! lol
This is my very own Christmas stocking that I have used since my first ever Christmas. It is faded and worn and brings alive a mountain of wonderful memories.  I remember pulling dolls and blocks and fluffy toys out of this sack when I was a wee little one.  It still makes me smile thinking about it. Oh where oh where did all of those years go ?
The spirit of Christmas stays with us forever doesn't it ?.......our inner child still gets excited about this wonderful day.
It is such a beautiful time of the year and most importantly it reminds us all that it represents love and peace and the family unit. It brings us to realise that family is at the end of the day the most precious gift (besides love and health) that one can ever be given.

\


May angels look after you and yours this Christmas period.
Sending all of my loyal and lovely readers a mountain of love.  Your lovely comments and emails make all of this worthwhile.
I have made some great friendships and met some amazingly creative women through my blog journey so far and I am so humbled.
It has been 8  months since I began FRENCH BLUE AND PEACHY PINK and it continues to bring me so much pleasure. I look back to my earlier posts and I see how far I have come. From my very first story until now, I have put my heart and soul into it all. If we all work out of love in our lives I find that we are rewarded with happy hearts and minds.
My motto in life
"DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW"

Merry Christmas to you all
xo



3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie, I love the way you have decorated your Christmas gifts. They are so feminine. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chris, Thanks so much for your sweet message and thanks for following. I love to hear from my lovely readers. I will look forward to stopping by your blog and taking look......Merry Christmas and you too enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete