Monday 4 June 2012

Children's Week !


It's children's week this week
on
French Blue and Peachy Pink

There will be vintage treasures, Barbie dolls, stories, favourite books and a tea party !!

I have been having so much fun, pulling out lots of favourite memories. Childhood is perhaps our biggest teacher. What we learn from our family, friends and world sets us up with a view of the world.
Playing tea parties, chasings, marbles, dressing up our pets etc. is perhaps a right of passage.
The act of play and fun fills a child's heart with joy.
It teaches them how to act and aspire to the world around us.
Playing Mummy's and Daddy's, schools and dress ups is a magical way of looking at the world.

Childhood is to be celebrated

so make yourself a cup of tea, dig out your coca cola yo-yo's and wash your old rag doll because you are in for a trip down memory lane.

Lets begin with a trip to Ambleside Cottage where vintage childhood treasures can be found in bucket loads.

These are a few of the pretties that caught my eye and had me smiling.


These 2 paper cut out dolls had my mind back at 6 years old, cutting out a paper doll from a book that somebody had given me for my birthday.

Vintage baby clothes and birth announcement cards are among the sweet treasures to be found at Ambleside Cottage.

and then I spotted this beautiful little child size kitchen dresser.
It was just waiting for little grubby fingers to pull the contents out and start playing.

and my personal favourite.......

Who remembers these little Walt Disney Golden Books that came with a 45 inch record at the back ?
I used to sit for hours listening to these.
I was overjoyed to see this little treasure.



Ambleside cottage is unfortunately not on line but if anybody sees a little 'must have' treasure in this post then please let me know.

Melanie
xo


1 comment:

  1. Dear, lovely Melanie, What a delightful post my friend! I loved reading your sweet thoughts and seeing the lovely photos at Ambleside Cottage! Such a sweet name! All of the baby things are absolutely darling! The child size kitchen dresser is adorable! So many sweet things! Thank you for sharing dearest. I hope your week is beautiful! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete