Wednesday 4 July 2012

* A Wish *


A Wish

"Hiya to Cyril
with best love
1902"

Another sweet little greeting on my newest member of my greeting card collection.
The sender of this greeting remains nameless.
I can't help but think that it may be a young love interest.

I just can't help myself with these old greeting cards.
My wind wanders off and I create my own little scenarios.
Life was simple back then.
A simple card was a treasure
and it's written message something sincere and special.

I wish you could get up close and see the intricate etching on this pretty little card. It folds out on each side, kind of unwrapping a precious gift.

I do apologise, Mr Computer refuses to upload this pic the correct way around.
If you tilt your head slightly to the left, you will have a better view :-)

See you all tomorrow
enjoy your evening

Melanie
x




2 comments:

  1. Mel,

    Almost looks reused - it is whited out and the inks don't match.

    Hiya to Cyril

    is definately different than the much love part

    odd, huh?

    who knows its history

    have you read the book The Forgotten Garden? I just finished it and I know you would LOVE it - you will, trust me

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, it isn't actually white out though. I thought that when I first saw it. It actually looks like white watercolour paint. Another little mystery of the card. One way or the other it is still a sweetie x

    ReplyDelete