Thursday 11 October 2012

THURSDAY FLOWERS......The Sweet Perfume Of Stocks

On a beautiful sunny, Spring day 5 friends met up for floristry class.
We are on school break until next week but we were all wanting to squeeze in some more practise before exams begin next week.
We all worked on our various designs and offered each other encouragement.
We sipped lemonade and iced tea, soaked in the warm sunny rays and had a lovely time together.
There were buckets of flowers everywhere and the perfume of Stocks wafted in the breeze (oh I just adore Stocks, they smell like heaven !)

Our flowers of choice were
Roses
Stocks
Snapdragons
Alstroemeria
Misty

Feeling in a pink mood I chose pinks and mauve's for my arrangements.
I gave my arrangement away to a sweet friend of mine for her birthday. She loved her beautiful flowers when I gave them to her.  I really enjoy that part of floristry.....watching the reactions on peoples faces as they are handed a beautiful bouquet.
The smile on their faces are worth more than a gazillion diamonds.
Flowers make everyone smile :-)
Scroll down for lots of pretty pics !

My first arrangement was a 'Presentation Bouquet'
Followed by a pretty Posy
and then my flowers were pulled apart yet again (the poor babies !)
and I made this !
It is called a horizontal bowl and is suitable for wedding centrepieces or table decoration.

I am waiting now for the Alstroemeria to all come out into bloom.
It will look amazing !
and the perfume of the Stocks........sigh !
A view from above
(for my teacher's benefit......Hello Miss L !)

We all had a fantastic day and were all proud of our efforts.
Fingers crossed we all go well in our examination next week.

It is now cup-a-tea o'clock, I am off to pop the kettle on and read the newest Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine.
See you all tomorrow !

I hope you and yours are all happy and healthy

Melanie
x



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love today's flowers, Melanie! I wish we could all carry posies around every day. You are learning so much and making such lovely arrangements! Well done!
    Cute pic of you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully done, Melanie!

    And those lovely pink flowers are just perfect for October- breast cancer awareness month.

    Be sure to post this awesome post to "How Sweet the Sound" blog for Pink Saturday linky party soon!

    ReplyDelete