Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Pretty Packet Of French Pins



A pretty packet of pins from 1888 is what I found out antiquing over the weekend.

They were in a glass cabinet screaming my name 

PICK ME MELANIE, PICK ME !!

Who am I to refuse such pleading ?
So now they are mine......smile :-)

The pins are a tad rusty but who wouldn't be after living for 125 years !
I was immediately attracted to the beautiful French packaging.  The whole package is so fragile and I have to keep this bundle well away from the light because I hope that it will last another 125 years (lets hope that I will be around to look after them ! lol)

On closer inspection when I got home and put my new glasses on I could actually read the writing.  I discovered that one of our Australian cities Melbourne was mentioned on the packet.
I have not looked into the history of these pins yet but plan to in the future. They are definitely French but I am curious as to whether the makers of the pins had it's sister company in Australia.

Enough rattling on now
You would probably like to see some photo's.




Pretty as a picture !



All of the pins seem to be original and are in various sizes and colours.




This is another pretty vintage packet of pins that I picked up a while ago.  
I loved the picture on the front.
Look closely at the light shade.....gorgeous !!!


I hope that you are all having a wonderful day !
xo




1 comment:

  1. Those pins are so gorgeous! I lve glass headed pins, but these are really the Rolls Royce of pins! Almost makes you want to leave them in your work so they can be admired by everyone!

    ReplyDelete