Thursday 22 March 2012

Thursday Flowers...........Flowergirl Halo







Hello friends, welcome to Thursday Flowers !

Here comes the bride, all dressed in white.....

But where is the cute little flowergirl ?

Well one day I shall make one for a real life little flower girl but today this one is just for practice.  I think it turned out quite pretty.


I laid out all of my bits and pieces

wire, parafilm, shears, ivy leaves, Singapore Orchids
and Tea Tree Flowers


I soaked my ivy leaves in water for an hour to remove any traces and dirt and for them to have a drink.
I then dried them off and began to wire and parafilm each leaf.

Next I wired and parafilmed tiny sprigs of Tea Tree Flowers.

and then it was time to play with the pretties !

Isn't this Singapore Orchid the prettiest colour ?  I love it !


I wired and parafilmed her......



and began my creation.......



I prepared two,  22 gauge wires in the desired length with parafilm.

I created a hook on the end of one and an eye on the other.

and then began to wire and parafilm a sequence of flowers and ivy around the wire frame.  When I had finished adding my flowers and ivy, I connected the 2 ends together and secured it with winding more wire to hold in place. More parafilm hid the wire and then the hook and eye ends were joined.  Adding some dainty pale pink lace completed my halo.

                               So pretty !


POP BACK TOMORROW
for some
EASTER CRAFT

I know that you will all just LOVE this one.
Maybe something fun to make on the weekend.
AND the kids can even join in.

I SHALL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN THEN
xo


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! I'm so excited to be co-hosting this week! Any little girl would be so excited to wear this headband! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would look adorable on a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete