Thursday 20 September 2012

THURSDAY FLOWERS A Pretty Spring Wreath

This week in floristry class I was super excited to be finally be making a Spring wreath.
Making a wreath was one thing that I was looking forward to making when I began classes at the beginning of the year.
Little did I know just how many flowers were required to make a wreath !

We used
CHRYSANTHEMUMS
GERBERAS
ROSES
CARNATIONS
ASTERS
MAGNOLIA LEAVES
and
PINE

We worked in pairs because of the amount of flowers required and cost.
My sweet class friend Miss S and I had a lot of fun creating our masterpiece.

Miss S was extremely kind letting me take home our creation.
Thankyou Miss S

Would you like to see the pics ?
It all began with a simple wreath.
Boring and plain.
Little by little we snipped and poked our way around the wreath until we had covered our required area for our design.
We added our flowers one by one
and this is what we ended up with !
A happy and bright Spring wreath
It is quite heavy so I decided not to hang it on my front door.
Instead I have put it on a little table at my front door so everybody passing by can enjoy it.
Doesn't it just make you want to smile.
I love flowers !
Each week in floristry class I have so much fun. I always enjoy creating pretty arrangements and bringing home my masterpiece.
This week my masterpiece particularly made me smile.

I am looking forward to making lots more wreaths, especially at Christmas time.
I think they will make lovely Christmas gifts too.

I hope you have all enjoyed this weeks creation.
Thank you for stopping by for
THURSDAY FLOWERS

Melanie
x








2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie!
    Your wreath is very abundant and gorgeous!
    I bet the greens smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, LOVE that wreath. Amazing! Reckon it would take the door off its hinges if you did hang it up...lol.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with for a Christmas wreath later in the year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete